Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Programme
8 Week Programme with Eilis
Imagine finding new tools for living with greater ease, joy, depth, resilience and balance. Mindfulness is one of the greatest gifts you can offer yourself and those you share your life with.
Eilis Cullen, Centre for Mindfulness Ireland, is offering a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8 Week Programme starting in January 2018. This programme includes 8 weekly classes and one full day session. MBSR is a world renowned evidence based programme developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School almost 40 years ago.
The MBSR is participatory, supportive and structured and is open to anyone who would like to invest time learning new ways to enhance wellbeing and live life with awareness and presence.
- A 2.5 hour session once a week for 8 weeks
- One experiential day retreat during the course
- Daily practice of 45-60 minutes on all non-class days during the course
- Mindfulness Practices including a variety of meditations
- Gentle yoga and body movements
- Interactive exercises to develop mindful awareness and presence
BENEFITS CAN INCLUDE:
- An increased ability to relax and experience calm
- Valuable life skills for developing emotional, mental and physical well-being
- Enhanced clarity, concentration and enthusiasm for life
- Techniques for living in the present moment
- Increased self-awareness and self-understanding
- Experiencing how we can connect with our inner strengths and wisdom
- An understanding of what gives rise to stress and how to deal with stress and anxiety more effectively
- Positive communication and relational skills
WHY PEOPLE TAKE THIS COURSE:
Click here to know more about why people take the MBSR course and read testimonials from some of the participants
TEACHER: Eilis Cullen, CFM Certified MBSR Teacher, MBCT Teacher, Trainer and Supervisor.
VENUE: Monkstown Therapy Centre, 26, Longford Terrace, Monkstown, Co. Dublin. (opposite Salthill Dart Station)
DATES: 28th January to 25th March, 2018
TIMES: Sundays, 10.30am to 1.00pm and Sunday 11th March, 10.00am to 4.00pm
TUITION FEE: €350 to include 8 sessions, one day retreat, course handbook and 4 recordings of the core practices
MBSR Programme Application Form
TO BOOK A PLACE: Please fill out this form and submit to Centre for Mindfulness Ireland.
Having practised meditation for over 30 years and experiencing the benefits of regular practice in both her personal and professional life, Eilis began formal training in this area in 2009 and has been awarded Teacher Certification with the Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School. In addition to teaching MBSR, Eilis has been involved in CFM’s Teacher Training Programmes here in Ireland.
Eilis has also completed extensive teacher training in mindfulness at the Centre for Mindfulness, Research and Practice, at Bangor University, Wales, and in 2012 was awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Mindfulness Based Approaches (MBSR,MBCT). Eilis also teaches one-to-one mindfulness programmes and has a particular interest in mindfulness and illness management.
Having completed Supervision Training for mindfulness teachers, Eilis offers this resource to support both MBSR and MBCT teachers. Sessions can be in person or by phone. She adheres to the Good Practice Guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers, attending regular retreats, receiving supervision and committing to ongoing personal and professional development and training in this area.
In addition to delivering mindfulness programmes Eilis is a fully accredited humanistic and integrative psychotherapist with a well-established practice in Co. Dublin