Living Mindfulness with Anne Twohig and Kathryn O’Halloran
We hear about mindfulness, we read about mindfulness, we talk about mindfulness. While this may be interesting and enjoyable, it will not make a positive difference to well-being. What will make a difference to a healthy life and well-being is committing to living mindfulness and integrating this into daily life. This has the power to transform your life and allow you to reap the many wonderful benefits mindfulness has to offer.
Anne Twohig and Kathryn O’Halloran are offering a Living Mindfulness 6-week Programme designed to support participants to learn mindfulness skills to use in real and practical ways. This Programme draws deeply from the world renowned MBSR Programme by offering key features and practices that are the bedrock of MBSR. New course dates to be announced in the near future.
This Programme is tailored for anyone who has an interest in enhancing wellbeing, in strengthening your relationship with self-care, in learning new tools for taking care of what poet Mary Oliver calls ‘this one wild and precious life’.
This Programme is suitable for beginners as well as those who have an established practice and may like to deepen it. All you need to bring to this Living Mindfulness experience is your intention to be open and present to the six sessions and commitment to the daily practices and exercises of up to 30 minutes a day.
Allow yourself the opportunity to immerse into what Living Mindfulness truly means.
Course Participant Feedback…
- It is very professional run, it is clear and structured and it is self-supportive to encourage practice.
- The Programme has been helpful in understanding what stress is and coping with it. I have learned to be kind to myself and living each day as it comes. Thank you for an amazing experience.
- I feel an increased calmness, less reactivity and an understanding of some of my negative behaviours. I feel I now have an ability to comeback to neutral more quickly.
- A beautiful warm environment. Both Anne and Kathryn made it so easy to be open and honest in the room.
- I learnt that it is possible to integrate mindfulness into my daily life by just taking that pause.
- The programmes has helped me enormously in learning about managing stress. I don’t jump into situations like I did before.
- Great course, thank you. Not too long and of great benefit. Materials were brilliant.
- The course reopened my mind to the value of understanding ‘Mindfulness’ in everyday life. All of it was useful. I felt that I could always be in control of my thoughts and my actions.
- The teaching was excellent and the materials were very helpful.
- It is an opportunity to see yourself in a new way.
- I have learned about tools to allow me to apply mindfulness into my daily life. It is a flexible approach that can be tailored from person to person and even from day to day. It is an excellent introduction to mindfulness for those not familiar with it, but also beneficial to those with prior experience.
- When I remember to take the Pause, it’s very helpful as it changes my perspective and approach.
Living Mindfulness Application Form
To book a place on this upcoming programme please fill out this form and submit to Centre for Mindfulness Ireland.
Anne Twohig, founder of Centre for Mindfulness Ireland is a Senior Certified Teacher of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for the past 12 years. She trained with the Center for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMass) and is now a faculty member of their Professional MBSR Teacher Training Team. Anne has trained teachers in MBSR in the U.S., mainland Europe as well as here in Ireland.
Kathryn, an Associate of the Centre for Mindfulness Ireland, is a qualified nurse and has been practising yoga and meditation since 2000. She is a qualified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher having trained with the Centre for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts. She is committed to practising mindfulness in her own life as a busy working mum and is very passionate about sharing these practical and supportive tools with others.